Announcement – the current covid 19 Projects dates are postponed until further notice
Greater Sylhet Development and Welfare Council (GSC) in UK is a voluntary organisation established in 1993.
GSC shall remain as a politically non-partisan voluntary organisation to assist the Bangladeshi community in the UK through the provision of advice, information, counselling, support, interpretation, translation and other services.
WHAT THE CHARITY DOES...
- General charitable purposes
- Education/Training/ Employment
- Health or Saving of lives
- The prevention or Relief of poverty
- Overseas aid & Famine Relief
- Religious Activities/ Amateur Sport
- Economic/Community Development
- Human rights/Disability/Recreation
- Religious or Racial harmony/Equality or Diversity
WHO THE CHARITY HELPS...
- Children/ Young People
- Elderly/ Old People
- People with disabilities
- People of a particular ethnic
- Other charities
- Other voluntary bodies
- People of a particular racial origin
- Other defined groups
- People in poverty
- The general public
HOW THE CHARITY WORKS...
- Makes grants to individuals
- Makes grants to organisations
- Provides other finance
- Provides human resources
- Provides buildings/facilities/open space
- Provides services
- Provides advocacy
- Provides advice and information
- Sponsors or undertakes research
- Acts as an umbrella or resource body
- Other charitable activities